List of key enhancements:
- New, better factored code base using ASP.NET MVC.
- Provider model for data access, enabling clean retargeting to alternative data storage systems, e.g. SQL Azure, SQL Server, etc.
- Ability to quickly and easily change the logo, most of the copy, and footer links through configuration.
- Announcements and news feed on the landing page.
- Chart and bar views over data.
- Integration with browser history and deep bookmarking.
- Data set ratings and view counts
- End user comments, feedback, requests.
- Recently published, top rated, and most viewed data sets featured on the data catalog page.
- Extensive data set filtering on the data catalog page.
- Interactive query builder.
- Better throughput (our informal testing shows close to order of magnitude improvement on a two core machine).
- Ability to add data to an existing data set.
- Ability to update entities in an existing data set.
- “Log exception and continue” error handling.
- New data loader Windows application enabling interactive metadata entry and data set loading.