This project is read-only.

Securing access to an OGDI site / specific feeds

Aug 10, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Hi there,

I have deployed an OGDI instance on Windows Azure, and I would like to secure the access to the portal. I see that there are some custom ASP.NET Providers in the code, but how do I initialize accounts, roles, and is there guidance on how to secure access to the portal?

Ideally, I would like to be able to restrict access to certain feeds only (e.g. by category), but otherwise just securing the whole site would do.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2010 at 2:40 PM

We don't have any OGDI-specific documentation related to authentication and authorization. You can take a look at this discussion thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsazure/thread/542a171a-212c-41be-ae12-193d49fb1381 for information on using ASP.NET providers under Windows Azure.

HTH,

-Vlad

Aug 13, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Hi there,

After looking at the OGDI implementation a little bit, here’s a hopefully more specific question: securing the MVC site is easy via the Azure ASP Providers, but how about securing the data services themselves? This sounds a little bit more tricky, do you have some ideas I could research?

Thanks!

Thomas.

De : vladvino [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Envoyé : mardi 10 août 2010 15:40
À : Thomas Conté
Objet : Re: Securing access to an OGDI site / specific feeds [ogdi:223051]

We don't have any OGDI-specific documentation related to authentication and authorization. You can take a look at this discussion thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsazure/thread/542a171a-212c-41be-ae12-193d49fb1381 for information on using ASP.NET providers under Windows Azure.

HTH,

-Vlad

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ogdi@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ogdi@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Aug 13, 2010 at 10:41 PM

OGDI data service is an ASP.NET app, so you should be able to use providers to secure it as well.

-Vlad

Aug 30, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Hello,

I am back after a couple weeks off J

Have you experimented with securing the OData feeds? I’m wondering how the OData clients will react, e.g. PowerPivot or even the various OData libraries: should we use HTTP Basic auth, or are there other supported schemes?

Thanks for your help,

Thomas.

De : vladvino [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 13 août 2010 23:42
À : Thomas Conté
Objet : Re: Securing access to an OGDI site / specific feeds [ogdi:223051]

OGDI data service is an ASP.NET app, so you should be able to use providers to secure it as well.

-Vlad

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ogdi@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ogdi@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I haven't. WCF team posted a series of blog entries on OData authentication here http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astoriateam/archive/2010/05/10/odata-and-authentication-part-1.aspx.  I hope you will find the information useful.

-Vlad